Monday, March 6, 2017

Aruba Ariba

Aruba Ariba
            “Bon Bini Aruba!is all I saw as I exited my plane back to my favorite place on the planet. Welcome to Arubais what bon bini means for those who are unfamiliar with the local language of Papiamento. This was my second time to Aruba and I couldnt be more excited for Soul Beach Music Festival where I intern. The Soul Beach Music Festival is one of our most popular annual extravaganzas,says Ronella Tjin Asjoe-Croes, CEO of Aruba Tourism Authority. Travelers looking for more than a basic beach getaway this Memorial Day Weekend will find their paradise in Aruba while enjoying electrifying entertainment and international culinary influences on some of the worlds most famous beaches.” 
This time around the festival line up was stacked with unbelievable artists. The comedy night consisted of comedic legend D.L. Hughely and actor/comedian Brandon T. Jackson. The music concert nights included the legends Charlie Wilson and Doug E. Fresh, alongside Dru Hill and Estelle. However, the true headliner of the festival was Trey TriggaSongz. Mr. Steal Your Girl was going to perform on the island oasis.
            Aruba is my home away from home. I love it. My days there are nothing but relaxation and fun. Out there work is truly play. My friend and I usually start the day by the pool or beach and sip on an Aruban favorite alcoholic beverage known as the Aruba Ariba.”  A rum and vodka infused beverage mixed with an assortment of fruit drinks and served with an orange and pineapple slice. I always forget until I am there that the Aruban equivalent to a squirrel is an iguana. They are literally everywhere. You learn to get used to it but at first it is kind of weird to see iguanas walk right by you as a norm. While enjoying my Aruba Aribaon the beautiful white sand beaches of Aruba overlooking the clear blue water I always find peace and quiet, something never found in Los Angeles. I feel at home whenever I am there.
My friend and I have spent a good amount of time there and we have used that time away from LA to focus on all of our entrepreneurial ideas, goals and aspirations. While in LA it was always easy to get distracted by school, work and everything else that comes with being back at home.   I truly believe the island life is amazing, but I digress. I am truly here to prove that Aruba is great but I also want to leave you guys with a story where my beloved Aruba Ariba drink betrayed me.

            The night of Trey Songz concert, I learned the hard way why he is known as Mr. Steal Your Girl. At the concert, Trey absolutely shut it down and had left Aruba with a memorable performance. Arubas official Facebook page posted, Trey Songz just delivered an outstanding performance at the 15th Soul Beach Music Festival Aruba. Thousands of fans sang and danced to his tunes! #sbmf15 #discoveraruba.During the concert, I met a girl and her friend who wanted to go out with us to the after party and hang out in the VIP area. We exchanged numbers and information and met up later that night outside of the club. We walked in together and proceeded to the back where the VIP section was located. As we were enjoying our time, I saw Trey Songz arrive with at least 15-20 women and a few of his friends. They were on the level above us reserved for himself and his guests. I was waiting on the waitress to come by to buy some drinks but she was taking too long. I left the VIP and went to the bar area to purchase two Aruba Aribas. As I turned around with both drinks in hand, I saw Trey signal to the girl I came with and her friend to come up to their area and I didnt see her for the rest of the night. I sat there mad and drank my two Auba Aribas and experienced Mr. Steal Your Girl first hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment